August 10, 2013

I am the very model of a modern major general...ham

Summer has been busy with vacations and work, so I've not been able to really play around much. However, I did recently upgrade my amateur license from Technician to General, which opens up a much wider range of frequencies to play around with. To celebrate that, I have gotten a couple of toys with which to play around. These include the very impressive FUNCube Dongle Pro + [1] and since I have new privileges, the Ultimate QRSS 2 multiband QRSS/WSPR transmitter [2]. We'll see if I can actually get out of my house with that; my location apparently is a black hole for all forms of reception/coverage. While I have several plug-in band filters for the U2, I've only assembled the ones for 20m and 30m, and up till now, I'm not seeing anything coming out, so I have some debugging to do....

Obligatory picture of the assembled U2


[1] - http://www.funcubedongle.com/
[2] - http://www.hanssummers.com/ultimate2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment